Introduction of NSBS
The concept of “Nearest School is the Best School “ has emerged from the Policy Statement of Education of the present government with the aim of providing equal opportunities in education for every child and creation of a child imbued with virtues, wisdom and vigour.
Accordingly, the programme has been planned for the implementation of this concept to achieve the following goals within a period of five years commencing from the year 2016 covering all nine provinces in the island.
- Equity in education
- Equal distribution of resources.
- Development of two schools for each Divisional Secretary‘s Division in the island as Smart Schools.
- Facilitation of studying of all subject streams from year 1 to year 13.
- Elimination of the distress of the parents whose children are deprived of admission to popular schools
- Solution to the problem of congestion in popular schools.
News & Events